LATE Spring Schedule: To Register or Not To Register
8 APR | BY JAMEY CAMPBELL
As we continue to sit and wait, I want to let you know where my mind is and see if you collectively want some different action.
The earliest we can possibly return to play is May 1st per the Tennessee State Soccer Association. That decision will be re-evaluated on April 15th.
I am not optimistic that we will get the green light in late April to move forward and get back on the field right away. My opinion entirely but I don’t think we will be open that soon.
- SOUTHERN KENTUCKY SPRING CLASSIC ($595)
We have discussed the Bowling Green, KY tournament. Their registration will close this Saturday, April 10. (We will also have to have permission from TSSA to travel out of state for the tournament. In normal times that is not a big deal.)
- OR –
- WHITE HOUSE SPRING CLASSIC ($475)
We could wait and look at the White House tournament instead that weekend. White House does not have a registration deadline listed on their website right now.
- QUEEN CITY CUP ($750)
We have already discussed this plan. Their registration deadline is April 23.
My thought is that we continue to sit tight. If we are able to open play in May we can try to jump into tournaments at that point. But all in all, I feel more comfortable waiting to register and leaving your money in the Rangers bank rather than giving it to other clubs and then trying to get it back through cancellations.
Are y’all okay to continue to delay registrations?